Do you wish for a baby boy? Certain cultures especially the Chinese, getting a baby boy is almost a must. This is because the boy or son will carry the father’s surname into the next generation. If it turns out to be a girl, she will eventually grow up and get married whereby her children will take on the spouse’s surname instead.
Under these kind of circumstances, couples aiming for a baby boy may seem to be embarking on an all important mission. Find out the tips on getting a baby boy which covers folklores or old wives tales, advice or techniques from older generation being passed on and plus modern day scientific methods.
Baby boy tips
• The male partner should practice a sedentary life that supposedly produces more male sperm.
• Time your intercourse to the day of ovulation where the male sperm (being more active than the female sperm) will reach the ovum first.
• To promote male sperm, the female partner has to douche with two tablespoons of baking soda to a quart of water.
• Let the female partner reach orgasm first to create an alkaline environment in the vagina which is conducive for the male sperm.
• Plan to have intercourse during the odd days of the month.
• Go for deep sex penetration as this will place the sperm nearer to the cervix. The male sperm being more active is supposed to outrun the female sperm and reach the ovum first.
• Use the ancient Chinese lunar calendar or chart to find out the recommended dates to conceive a baby boy. You can get your personal chart from www.chinagold.com/babyplanner1.asp
• It is recommended that the female partner consumes red meat, salty food, fish, white flour, sweet corn, beans, avocadoes and to avoid nuts, chocolates, milk and dairy products.
• Follow the Shettles method and time your intercourse as close to ovulation day as possible. It also recommends avoiding intercourse four or five days before the ovulation day. More information can be found in www.ovulation-calculator.com/gender.htm
• If you want a higher rate of success (>90%), then try the Selnas method. A personal conception chart will be developed for you to get the gender of your choice. Read more about it in my previous posting titled ‘The Selnas Method’. You can refer to the website www.selnas.com for in-depth information.
• A sperm sorting technique is also available called the Ericsson treatment or Ericsson Albumin Method. The male sperm is sorted out and implanted back into the uterus via artificial insemination. Check the website www.genderselectioncenter.com/ericsson.html for more information.
• Another method that claims a high effective rate (~97%) is called the Dr. Jonas Method. It is similar to the Selnas method where a calendar is prepared showing the favorable dates for conceiving the gender of your choice. Find out more information in this website www.drjonasmethod.com
• For those who have faith in modern day medicine and technology may choose to try MicroSort, a sperm sorting technique. The success rate to get a boy is said to be 76%. Check it out here www.microsort.net/
• The PGD or Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis method claims to have 100% accuracy and guarantees the correct chosen gender. Prior to being implanted in the mother’s womb, the embryos are tested for the correct gender. You can get more answers from www.emedicine.medscape.com
• The PGH or Preimplantation Genetic Haplotyping method is similar to PGD but it is more advance in terms of the genetic testing technique.This will be useful for parents who may have any genetic disorders.
The tips and techniques mentioned above are not meant to be a complete and comprehensive list. The main purpose is to give you an overview on the various options available to help you in your quest. The recommended websites are one of many, so go ahead and do your own search for more answers. Having more knowledge means helping you to make your decisions easier in the end.